Loblaw Re-Sets PC Plus Passwords After Security Breach
If you're a regular PC Plus user, you should know that Loblaw has had to re-set passwords for all of its PC Plus rewards collectors' online accounts following a security issue.
The grocer released the following statement on its PC Plus website:
"In order to better protect all members, we have reset all passwords. We require everyone to create a new password, including those who may have done so recently. Check your inbox for an email with a simple and quick reset link or follow the Forgot Password link after the Sign in button.”
PC Plus members are required to create new passwords going forward.
According to The Canadian Press, Loblaw initially began urging people to create unique passwords after some customers reported missing points. According to CP, Loblaw said the breach was caused by people using favourite or weak passwords across multiple sites (meaning info was stolen from other sites and used to access PC Plus accounts).
Members who had their points stolen will be reimbursed.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Canada Post urging Mississauga customers to reset their passwords
- Canada Post urges customers to change online passwords
- SCAM ALERT: Individuals Breaching Company Passwords
- 50 Million Accounts Affected By Huge Facebook Security Breach
- Personal Information Leaked After Popular App Experiences Data Breach