Loblaw Re-Sets PC Plus Passwords After Security Breach
If you're a regular PC Plus user, you should know that Loblaw has had to re-set passwords for all of its PC Plus rewards collectors' online accounts following a security issue.
The grocer released the following statement on its PC Plus website:
"In order to better protect all members, we have reset all passwords. We require everyone to create a new password, including those who may have done so recently. Check your inbox for an email with a simple and quick reset link or follow the Forgot Password link after the Sign in button.”
PC Plus members are required to create new passwords going forward.
According to The Canadian Press, Loblaw initially began urging people to create unique passwords after some customers reported missing points. According to CP, Loblaw said the breach was caused by people using favourite or weak passwords across multiple sites (meaning info was stolen from other sites and used to access PC Plus accounts).
Members who had their points stolen will be reimbursed.
- Canada Post urging Mississauga customers to reset their passwords
- Canada Post urges customers to change online passwords
- SCAM ALERT: Individuals Breaching Company Passwords
- 50 Million Accounts Affected By Huge Facebook Security Breach
- CRA resumes online services with new security features after cyberattacks
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Boeing 737 Max's very first flight after two deadly crashes takes off from Pearson
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- New Jollibee restaurant opens at Square One in Mississauga