Loaded modified pistol and drugs found in Mississauga home raid
Published September 28, 2022 at 9:06 pm
A Mississauga man faces numerous charges after Peel Regional Police say they found a loaded and illegally modified pistol along with drugs in his home.
Officers with the Peel police Guns and Gangs Unit launched an investigation into the man some time ago. In course of their investigation, they got a search warrant and raided his home on September 27.
Investigator said they found a loaded semi-automatic Glock 9mm pistol complete with a laser sight and an extended magazine. They also say they found a second regular-sized magazine, a bunch of Canadian cash and an unspecified amount of unspecified drugs.
As a result of the raid, Omari Robinson-Cooper, 26 of Mississauga, is charged with;
- unauthorized possession of a firearm
- knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- possession of a prohibited device or ammunition knowing its possession is unauthorized
- possession of property obtained by crime
- possession for the purpose of trafficking
He remained in custody pending a bail hearing and appeared in court in Brampton on September 28.
Anyone with information pertinent to the investigation can call the Guns and Gang Unit at (905) 453–2121, ext. 3555 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising advertising