Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel in Mississauga
Police say a man is facing charges after a loaded handgun was allegedly recovered during an impaired driving investigation in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019, at 2:52 p.m., officers received reports of a potentially impaired driver in the Eglinton Avenue and Hurontario Street area. ,
Police allege they located the vehicle and found the driver passed out while in the driver's seat.
During the arrest, a loaded 9mm handgun was allegedly located on the driver.
Police also allege that further investigation of the vehicle located illicit drugs as well.
Police say 21-year-old Brampton man Jevere Anthony Grignon has been charged with impaired driving, firearm, and drug related offences.
The accused was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Jan. 18, 2019.
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Man accused of impaired driving with loaded gun in Mississauga: Peel police
- Police allegedly seize drugs and loaded gun during traffic stop in Mississauga
- Firearm Discovered During Impaired Driving Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Impaired Driver Passed Out Behind Wheel in Mississauga
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – October 27