Loaded gun and ammunition found during traffic stop in Mississauga: Police
Published January 22, 2022 at 1:28 pm
Police have made an arrest following a recent traffic stop in Mississauga.
Around 7:15 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 20, officers were patrolling and decided to stop a vehicle in the area of of Elia Avenue and Acorn Place.
“As a result of their investigation, officers located a loaded Glock 27 firearm and ammunition,” said Peel police.
29 year old Toronto man Leroy Brown was arrested and charged with:
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition (2 counts)
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possess Firearm with Altered Serial Number
- Disobey Stop Sign – Fail to Stop
- Drive Under Suspension
“The prevalence of illegal firearms and drugs amidst daily interactions poses a risk to public safety which we will not accept in Peel,” said Peel police chief Nishan Duraiappah.
Brown was held for a bail hearing and appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Friday, Jan. 21.
Photo courtesy of Peel policeinsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising