LATEST: 40 additional pharmacies to start offering COVID-19 vaccine in Brampton
The Ontario government says it's ready to rapidly increase its COVID-19 vaccine rollout, with over 700 more pharmacies across the province to begin offering the vaccine this week.
The following pharmacies in Brampton will start offering the AstraZeneca vaccine this week to those who are 55 and older:
- Bramcity Pharmacy - 14 Lisa St
- Brameast Pharmacy - 2130 North Park Dr Unit #43-44
- Charlolais Pharmacy - 305 Charolais Blvd
- Costco Pharmacy #162 - 100 Biscayne Cres
- Credit Ridge Remedy’s Rx - 7-9525 Mississauga Road
- Cumberland Pharmacy - 2- 131 Kennedy Rd N
- Drugstore Pharmacy #4066 - 55 Mountainash Rd
- Drugstore Pharmacy #4329 - 70 Clementine Dr
- Dukh Bhanjan Pharmacy - B5-475 Charolais Blvd
- Fandor Pharmacy - 1a-15 Fandor Way
- Father Tobin Pharmacy - 105 Father Tobin Rd
- Gateway Medical Plex Pharmacy - 3+4-25 Gateway Blvd.
- Ida St. Peter’s Pharmacy - 20 Rambler Dr
- Lionhead Pharmacy - 8405 Financial Drive
- Lmc Pharmacy Brampton - 2979 Bovaird Drive East
- Loblaw Pharmacy #2801 - 85 Steeles Ave W
- Main Street Pharmacy - 101-60 Gillingham Drive
- Metro Pharmacy #583 - 20 Great Lakes Dr
- Pharma Center Pharmacy - 164 Queen St E Unit 105
- Potters Wheel Pharmacy - 3-10725 Mclaughlin Road
- Queen Hansen Pharmacy - 116-284 Queen Street East
- Rexall #6938 - 2100 Bovaird Dr
- Rexall - 227 Vodden St East
- Rexall - 398 Queen St West
- Shoppers Drug Mart #1092 - 8965 Chinguacousy Rd
- Shoppers Drug Mart #1199 - 10088 Mclaughlin Rd
- Shoppers Drug Mart #1225 - 10661 Chinguacousy Rd
- Shoppers Drug Mart #1326 - 3938 Cottrelle Blvd
- Shoppers Drug Mart #1353 - 366 Main St N
- Shoppers Drug Mart #1369 - 10970 Airport Rd Unit B
- Shoppers Drug Mart #1447 - 10665 Bramalea Rd
- Shoppers Drug Mart #1466 - 520 Charolais Blvd
- Shoppers Drug Mart #701 - 34 A Avondale Blvd
- Shoppers Simply Pharmacy #3088 - 380 Bovaird Dr East Unit 26
- Sobeys Pharmacy #7221 - 8975 Chinguacousy Rd
- Southgate Pharmacy - 11C-700 Balmoral Dr
- Springdale Pharmacy - 630 Peter Robertson Blvd
- The Drug Store Pharmacy #4079 - 295 Queen St E
- Ultra Med Pharmacy Ltd - 31 Steeple Bush Ave Unit 4
- Wal-mart Pharmacy - 30 Coventry Rd
Pharmacies that are already offering the vaccine are listed here.
The province says this expansion will bring the total number of pharmacies offering the vaccine to over 1,400 locations -- a number expected to reach approximately 1,500 by the end of April.
Vaccinations with the AstraZeneca vaccine at pharmacies require an appointment to be made in advance.
In alignment with NACI recommendations, Ontario will not use the AstraZeneca vaccine for individuals under 55, while Health Canada continues to review the data.
"With more local pharmacies coming on board, receiving the COVID-19 vaccine will be easier and more convenient for eligible populations across the province," said Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health.
"I strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated when it's their turn. Until we receive enough vaccines so that the majority of Ontarians can be vaccinated it remains critical for everyone to continue following public health measures we know work and keep us safe."
Photo: The Canadian Press
- LATEST: 32 additional pharmacies to start offering COVID-19 vaccine in Hamilton
- LATEST: 52 additional pharmacies to start offering COVID-19 vaccine in Burlington, Oakville and Milton
- LATEST: 62 additional pharmacies to start offering COVID-19 vaccine in Mississauga
- Pfizer vaccine offered in 8 pharmacies in Mississauga and Brampton to residents 55+
- Ontario pharmacy COVID-19 vaccine pilot to begin next week with Oxford-AstraZeneca
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Weddings and buffets could be back as early as fall in Mississauga and Brampton
- BREAKING: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments May 6
- Three employees of Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19