Liberals remove Brampton MP Ramesh Sangha from party caucus
Brampton MP Ramesh Sangha has been kicked out of the Liberal Party caucus.
The representative for the riding of Brampton Centre was removed based on claims he made against some of his colleagues, according to a statement made by the federal Liberals.
According to the statement, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was made aware of statements attributed to Sangha recently.
According to Liberal Party Whip Mark Holland, the accusations were "baseless and dangerous".
"As soon as the Chief Government Whip was made aware of these accusations, he consulted with the Prime Minister, and the necessary steps were taken," the statement reads. "As of this afternoon, Mr. Sangha has been removed from the Liberal caucus."
Sangha could not be reached for comment.
“As we have made clear time and time again, we will not tolerate conspiracy theories, or dangerous and unfounded rhetoric about Parliamentarians or other Canadians,” the statement continued. “Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for many Canadians to experience suspicions because of their background; we all know where this can lead.”
Sangha will now have to sit as an independent member of the House of Commons.
(In this undated photo, Prime MInister Justin Trudeau poses with Brampton Centre MP Ramesh Sangha)
- MP Sangha expelled from caucus over ‘dangerous’ accusations against fellow Liberals
- Brampton MP uses House of Commons to accuse other MPs of supporting Khalistani extremism
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to testify today on WE Charity controversy
- Justin Trudeau re-elected as Prime Minister
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month