Legendary Comedian Set to Perform For Mississauga
If you love comedy and have a vested interest in making Mississauga's healthcare system even better, you might be thrilled to hear that a legendary comedian is about to make his way to the area for a one-night only event.
Trillium Health Partners recently announced that Emmy Award-winning comedian Wayne Brady will headline the 7th annual Laugh Out Loud comedy gala
The comedian, actor, and singer, known for his work on TV's Whose Line Is It Anyway, The Wayne Brady Show, and Don't Forget the Lyrics, will keep guests entertained as the host of the Trillium Health Partners Foundation's gala.
"We are excited to announce that Wayne Brady will headline the 7th annual Laugh Out Loud," says Steve Hoscheit, president and CEO of Trillium Health Partners Foundation.
"We continue to set the bar high by bringing the world's most talented comedians and entertainers to host our event. We are proud to raise funds through Laugh out Loud so that our community has access to exceptional patient care, close to home. Wayne Brady is an iconic actor, director, and performer--his remarkable talent as a triple threat, makes him comic royalty. We are excited for him to bring is own brand of comedy, theatrical style, and quick wit to our stage."
The event will take place on Saturday, February 23, 2019 at the Toronto Congress Centre (North Building) on Dixon Rd. in Etobicoke.
Proceeds from LOL 2019 will support Trillium Health Partners' advanced diagnostic imaging program.
Trillium says diagnostic imaging completes nearly 800,000 diagnostic tests, images, and scans each year across its three hospital sites--the Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and west Toronto's Queensway Health Centre.
"Laugh Out Loud is becoming known for its commitment to partnering with top-tier comedic talent," says Wayne Brady. "I am proud to take the stage with my troupe to create a memorable night for the evening's guests and support advanced diagnostic imaging for such a leading hospital as Trillium Health Partners."
Since the event's inception, the Laugh Out Loud series of events has raised over $10 million.
At $600 a person, the tickets are steep—but the cause will likely make it worth it for some charitable comedy fans.
Early bird tickets are available until Oct. 31.
You can purchase tickets by calling the Foundation at 905-848-7580, ext. 2969 or by clicking here.
- Famous Comedian Set to Raise Money for Mississauga Hospital
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- Mississauga's Trillium Health Partners About to Create New Jobs and Make Life Easier for Patients
- Trillium Health Partners announces visiting changes in response to COVID-19
- Trillium Health Partners releases plan to manage second wave of COVID-19 in Mississauga
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga