LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
Environment Canada is continuing to forewarn the public of some hazardous weather this weekend.
There’s a risk of freezing rain Saturday night (March 9) followed by strong, gusty winds on Sunday.
“Rain will begin late Saturday evening or after midnight,” the statement reads. “In areas where temperatures remain below the freezing mark, this precipitation could fall briefly as freezing rain before temperatures rise above zero.”
Roughly 15 to 25 mm of rainfall are expected before the rain comes to an end late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon.
Southwest winds of up to 70 or 80 km/h are expected to develop on Sunday and will continue for much of the day.
Residents are advised to travel cautiously during hazardous weather and keep an eye out for further weather statements.
- Police Report Major Road Closure in Mississauga
- Police Chase Ends in Mississauga After Bus Driver Blocks Fleeing Oakville Man
- Some More Bad News About Young People and Home Ownership in Mississauga
- Power Outage Impacting Close to 600 Homes and Businesses in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Check Out These High Rise Towers Proposed For This Busy Mississauga Intersection