LATEST: Special weather statement in Mississauga
It looks like it’s going to be a wet Halloween in Mississauga this year.
According to the latest update from Environment Canada, Mississauga is expected to get 30 to 50 mm of rain today, with the heaviest rainfall coming in the afternoon.
In addition to the rain, gusts of wind as strong as 70 km/h or 80 km/h are possible tonight into Friday morning.
A low pressure system approaching Southern Ontario from the southwest is the reason for the unappealing weather conditions.
Drivers are reminded to turn on their headlights if visibility is reduced, keep a safe following distance, and pay extra attention for pedestrians--who may be difficult to see due to the weather conditions.
- LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga Today
- Mississauga is Under a Special Weather Statement
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga restaurant ordered to pay $40,000 to sexual harassment victim
- Peel Regional Police assisting OPP with investigation into shooting in Mississauga
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga