LATEST: Special weather statement in Mississauga
It looks like it’s going to be a wet Halloween in Mississauga this year.
According to the latest update from Environment Canada, Mississauga is expected to get 30 to 50 mm of rain today, with the heaviest rainfall coming in the afternoon.
In addition to the rain, gusts of wind as strong as 70 km/h or 80 km/h are possible tonight into Friday morning.
A low pressure system approaching Southern Ontario from the southwest is the reason for the unappealing weather conditions.
Drivers are reminded to turn on their headlights if visibility is reduced, keep a safe following distance, and pay extra attention for pedestrians--who may be difficult to see due to the weather conditions.
- LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga Today
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Mississauga is Under a Special Weather Statement
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- One Mississauga postal code rises to 22% COVID-19 positivity rate