LATEST: Peel Public Health reporting five COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care homes in Mississauga
The number of outbreaks declared at long-term care homes in the city has steadily been increasing, with Peel Public Health (PPH) reporting five outbreaks at this time.
The following homes are currently impacted:
- Camilla Care Community at 2250 Hurontario St. (declared April 6)
- Silverthorn Care Community at 4350 Mississauga Rd (declared April 4)
- Village of Erin Meadows at 2930 Erin Centre Blvd (declared April 2)
- Erin Mills Lodge Nursing Home at 2132 Dundas St. W. (declared April 1)
- Villa Forum at 175 Forum Dr. (declared March 30)
Additionally, an outbreak has been declared at Credit Valley Hospital and at Grace Manor, a Brampton long-term care home at 45 Kingknoll Drive.
As of this month, April 2020, PPH says one staff or resident case of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 is considered an outbreak.
PPH is continuing to investigate all reports of suspected and confirmed outbreaks, and will assist these institutions in implementing appropriate infection control measures to reduce the severity and length of the outbreak.
For more information on all current outbreaks in the region, click here.
- Three COVID-19 outbreaks declared at long term care homes in Hamilton: Feb 1 to 7
- COVID-19 outbreaks declared at two Oakville long term care homes: Jan 25 to 31
- COVID-19 outbreaks declared at two Hamilton long term care homes: Jan 25 to 31
- Three COVID-19 outbreaks declared at long term care homes in Halton: Feb 1 to 7
- All COVID-19 outbreaks declared at Mississauga long-term care facilities: Jan 18 to 24
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze