LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 25, 2020
The province says that 476 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 800 residents have died of the virus. While case numbers are increasing, it does not appear that the rate of hospitalizations is increasing at this time.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of Saturday, April 25, Ontario is reporting 13,995 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 811 people have died of the disease, while another 7,509 have made full recoveries.
The province says 925 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 245 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 195 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 217,618 people have been tested for the virus and 8,171 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 10,578 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website as of April 25, there are 2,175 total cases in the region and 74 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 55 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighteen deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
Peel Public Health says 30 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 19 long-term care and retirement residences, and 388 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 944 cases in Brampton, 60 in Caledon and 1,167 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
- 640 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,142 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 424 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 1,200 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 634 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 1,000 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Over 500 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 976 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize