Latest on three outbreaks at Hamilton Health Sciences sites
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) says there are currently three outbreaks at their sites as of Tuesday (Feb. 9).
At Juravinski Hospital, an outbreak on F4 was declared over the weekend but is now fully operational. Meanwhile, the outbreaks associated with F5 and E4 are still in effect. F5 is the unit used to care for patients infected with COVID-19.
“There are three staff members associated with [the F5] outbreak, and no patients,” according to HHS. “This outbreak will be declared over no sooner than February 16.”
At West Lincoln Memorial Hospital the outbreak that was declared on the C Ward on Jan. 19 has been declared over.
HHS did not provide updates for Hamilton General Hospital and the Satellite Health Facility.
- Hamilton Health Sciences declares two new COVID outbreaks at its facilities
- COVID-19 outbreaks declared at two Hamilton long term care homes: Jan 25 to 31
- Three COVID-19 outbreaks declared at long term care homes in Hamilton: Feb 1 to 7
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Hamilton
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- 32-hour all night marathon vaccination event coming to Mississauga with special guests
- Brampton gets new COVID vaccination site run by William Osler
- Mississauga houses fly off the market as average sale price passes $1 million