LATEST: Christmas forecast for Mississauga
It’s going to be a very white Christmas this year thanks to some last-minute snow.
The current forecast calls for snowfall that will continue through Christmas morning (Friday, December 25), with periods of heavy snow.
10 to 15 cm is expected.
“Snowfall rates of 2 to 3 cm per hour may be possible at times, with a general total of 10 to 15 cm of snow expected by Friday mid-morning. Road conditions will continue to deteriorate this evening,” Environment Canada reports.
Residents should drive cautiously, as poor winter road conditions may result from black ice and the accumulating snow.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source