LATEST: Christmas forecast for Mississauga
It’s going to be a very white Christmas this year thanks to some last-minute snow.
The current forecast calls for snowfall that will continue through Christmas morning (Friday, December 25), with periods of heavy snow.
10 to 15 cm is expected.
“Snowfall rates of 2 to 3 cm per hour may be possible at times, with a general total of 10 to 15 cm of snow expected by Friday mid-morning. Road conditions will continue to deteriorate this evening,” Environment Canada reports.
Residents should drive cautiously, as poor winter road conditions may result from black ice and the accumulating snow.
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February