Late night shooting leaves woman dead in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police (PRP) is investigating a shooting in Mississauga.
At 11:38 p.m. on Wednesday (June 9), PRP was called to a rural area near Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road to reports of shots fired.
When police arrived, a woman was found suffering from gunshot wounds. She succumbed to her injuries a short time later.
There is no suspect information currently and police are canvassing the area on Thursday. Ninth Line near the scene will remain closed for several hours as police investigate.
The Homicide Bureau will be taking carriage of this investigation.
Residents can expect a heavy police presence in the area, as PRP continues to investigate.
- Police investigating shooting that occurred in Brampton
- Peel Police investigating an overnight shooting in Brampton
- Peel Police respond to shots fired late Tuesday evening in Mississauga
- Shooting in Mississauga being investigated by police
- Male suffering from gunshot wounds following shooting in Brampton
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery