Large-scale COVID vaccine clinic opening in Hamilton
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) announced Thursday (Feb. 18) it will be launching a large-scale COVID-19 vaccination clinic on March 1.
The clinic is expected to provide up to 2,000 vaccines per day.
It will be located at St. Joes’ West 5th Campus and used on an on-going basis to accommodate those residents who are eligible for vaccine and able to attend the clinic. No walk-ins will be accepted.
"St. Joe's is excited to be a part of this next phase of providing access to the COVID vaccine,” said Melissa Farrell, President at SJHH.
“This will be one of the large-scale COVID-19 vaccine clinics intended to help provide the vaccine to our Hamilton community, and part of the broader Hamilton Public Health vaccination rollout plan."
Public Health maintains that the vaccine will be available to everyone by the end of 2021.
The SJHH clinic is in partnership with Hamilton Health Sciences, Primary Care Physicians, Hamilton Paramedics Services, and Hamilton Public Health Services.
The new clinic is not expected to impact existing COVID vaccination clinics in operation.
- Hamilton's FirstOntario Centre to be used as large-scale COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Hamilton Public Health adds new group to vaccine eligibility as Province launches online booking
- Hamilton's large-scale vaccination clinic at FirstOntario Centre officially opens
- Hamilton Public Health investigating ‘inappropriate’ COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Are you eligible for the next phase of Hamilton's COVID vaccine rollout?
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases