Large quantity of second dose vaccine expected in Mississauga next week
Mississauga residents who haven't been able to book a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine should find more success next week.
A large quantity of the Moderna vaccine has already arrived in Ontario and even more is expected in the next few days.
Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie says these latest shipments will make it easier for residents to book locally, rather than having to head out of the city for the shot.
"Canada is expecting a massive shipment of Moderna -- 9.5 million doses -- in the upcoming days, which means more appointments for Peel will become available next week," she said.
As well, Dr. Lawrence Loh, Peel Region's Medical Officer of Health, says spots will also become available the rest of this week as the vaccine supply trickles in.
"The key is to keep trying to book an appointment," said Dr. Loh pointing out that people have been able to book a time after repeated attempts. "I know it is frustrating but it will happen if you keep trying."
- All residents of Mississauga, Brampton 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second
- Today more Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton residents now eligible to book accelerated second vaccine dose
- Mississauga, Brampton residents now have to wait only 28 days to get second dose of COVID vaccine
- Anyone 18 plus in Ontario eligible to book COVID-19 vaccine appointments today
- Total COVID-19 vaccine deliveries to top 50 million doses by week's end
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- New go-karting track opening in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated