Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced in Mississauga
If you plan on taking the GO train this weekend, you should note that service on the Lakeshore West line has been reduced.
Metrolinx says trains will run hourly on the Lakeshore West line between Union Station and Aldershot GO for four weekends this spring while it replaces a section of track at Exhibition GO Station.
The weekends are:
- May 3-5 (this weekend)
- May 31-June 2
- June 21-23
Metrolinx says the work can only be completed when trains aren't running, so it's doing the work over the weekends to minimize the disruption for weekday commuters.
Hourly service begins on Friday night (May 3) with the 9:43 p.m. train from Union and the 9:01 p.m. train from Aldershot.
Passengers are advised to expect delays of 10 minutes both ways as trains slow down near Exhibition station.
To learn more, click here.
- Police Report Major Road Closure in Mississauga
- Power Outage Impacting Close to 600 Homes and Businesses in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Check Out These High Rise Towers Proposed For This Busy Mississauga Intersection
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Mississauga Teen Arrested After Two Men Stabbed, Seriously Injured