Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced in Mississauga
If you plan on taking the GO train this weekend, you should note that service on the Lakeshore West line has been reduced.
Metrolinx says trains will run hourly on the Lakeshore West line between Union Station and Aldershot GO for four weekends this spring while it replaces a section of track at Exhibition GO Station.
The weekends are:
- May 3-5 (this weekend)
- May 31-June 2
- June 21-23
Metrolinx says the work can only be completed when trains aren't running, so it's doing the work over the weekends to minimize the disruption for weekday commuters.
Hourly service begins on Friday night (May 3) with the 9:43 p.m. train from Union and the 9:01 p.m. train from Aldershot.
Passengers are advised to expect delays of 10 minutes both ways as trains slow down near Exhibition station.
To learn more, click here.
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19
- By far the highest COVID-19 positivity in Ontario is in Mississauga and Brampton
- Roads closed due to ongoing demonstration in Mississauga