Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced in Mississauga
If you plan on taking the GO train this weekend, you should note that service on the Lakeshore West line has been reduced.
Metrolinx says trains will run hourly on the Lakeshore West line between Union Station and Aldershot GO for four weekends this spring while it replaces a section of track at Exhibition GO Station.
The weekends are:
- May 3-5 (this weekend)
- May 31-June 2
- June 21-23
Metrolinx says the work can only be completed when trains aren't running, so it's doing the work over the weekends to minimize the disruption for weekday commuters.
Hourly service begins on Friday night (May 3) with the 9:43 p.m. train from Union and the 9:01 p.m. train from Aldershot.
Passengers are advised to expect delays of 10 minutes both ways as trains slow down near Exhibition station.
To learn more, click here.
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - December 1, 2020
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.