Lakeshore Road Closed for Homicide Investigation in Mississauga
A major road closure in Mississauga has been announced this morning.
Police reported around 10:30 a.m. that Lakeshore Road is currently closed in both directions from Cawthra to Hampton as they continue to investigate the fatal stabbing that took place in that area last night.
The plaza on the corner of Cawthra and Lakeshore is also closed.
This is the fourteenth homicide of the year in Peel, according to police.
Investigators are seeking the assistance of anyone who was in the area of Lakeshore and Cawthra Road at the time of the incident, or anyone who may have surveillance or dash-cam video.
If this applies to you, please contact (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
UPDATE: Lakeshore Rd. E. has reopened and all stores are open as of 2:45 p.m. There’s a heavy police presence in the area — avoid the area if possible, say police.
- Mississauga Set to Welcome $40 Million Park
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Get Ready for Some Brutally Cold Weather in Mississauga
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Police Seeking Public's Assistance in Murder Investigation
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Mississauga Shooting
- Fire Causing Delays on Lakeshore Road East in Mississauga
- Police Seek Public Assistance in Investigation After Mississauga Man's Death