Lakeshore Road Closed for Homicide Investigation in Mississauga
A major road closure in Mississauga has been announced this morning.
Police reported around 10:30 a.m. that Lakeshore Road is currently closed in both directions from Cawthra to Hampton as they continue to investigate the fatal stabbing that took place in that area last night.
The plaza on the corner of Cawthra and Lakeshore is also closed.
This is the fourteenth homicide of the year in Peel, according to police.
Investigators are seeking the assistance of anyone who was in the area of Lakeshore and Cawthra Road at the time of the incident, or anyone who may have surveillance or dash-cam video.
If this applies to you, please contact (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
UPDATE: Lakeshore Rd. E. has reopened and all stores are open as of 2:45 p.m. There’s a heavy police presence in the area — avoid the area if possible, say police.
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Mississauga and Ontario residents will be told how many COVID-19 cases are in unvaccinated people, province promises
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket