Lakeshore Road Closed for Homicide Investigation in Mississauga
A major road closure in Mississauga has been announced this morning.
Police reported around 10:30 a.m. that Lakeshore Road is currently closed in both directions from Cawthra to Hampton as they continue to investigate the fatal stabbing that took place in that area last night.
The plaza on the corner of Cawthra and Lakeshore is also closed.
This is the fourteenth homicide of the year in Peel, according to police.
Investigators are seeking the assistance of anyone who was in the area of Lakeshore and Cawthra Road at the time of the incident, or anyone who may have surveillance or dash-cam video.
If this applies to you, please contact (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
UPDATE: Lakeshore Rd. E. has reopened and all stores are open as of 2:45 p.m. There’s a heavy police presence in the area — avoid the area if possible, say police.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Fire Causing Delays on Lakeshore Road East in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Public's Assistance in Murder Investigation
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Mississauga Shooting
- Police Seek Public Assistance in Investigation After Mississauga Man's Death