Lake search for missing Oakville man continues as boat is found
Halton Regional Police report the boat belonging to a missing sailor has been found, but the search continues for the man.
Marine units in several jurisdictions have been searching for 65-year-old Eric Quimby when he failed to return to shore after sailing out into Lake Ontario.
The Oakville resident is considering an experienced sailor and when he didn't return to shore as scheduled yesterday afternoon emergency crews including the Halton Regional Marine Unit were called.
The report indicates the boat was located on the southside of Lake Ontario near Rochester, New York.
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects following break and enter in Mississauga
- Doug Ford suggests that restrictions on Mississauga could be eased after the 28-day rollback ends
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel