Lake search for missing Oakville man continues as boat is found
Halton Regional Police report the boat belonging to a missing sailor has been found, but the search continues for the man.
Marine units in several jurisdictions have been searching for 65-year-old Eric Quimby when he failed to return to shore after sailing out into Lake Ontario.
The Oakville resident is considering an experienced sailor and when he didn't return to shore as scheduled yesterday afternoon emergency crews including the Halton Regional Marine Unit were called.
The report indicates the boat was located on the southside of Lake Ontario near Rochester, New York.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry