Lake search for missing Oakville man continues as boat is found
Halton Regional Police report the boat belonging to a missing sailor has been found, but the search continues for the man.
Marine units in several jurisdictions have been searching for 65-year-old Eric Quimby when he failed to return to shore after sailing out into Lake Ontario.
The Oakville resident is considering an experienced sailor and when he didn't return to shore as scheduled yesterday afternoon emergency crews including the Halton Regional Marine Unit were called.
The report indicates the boat was located on the southside of Lake Ontario near Rochester, New York.
- Police on scene of Brampton crash, one vehicle flipped over
- 34% of second dose bookings in Mississauga and Brampton went to Toronto residents
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted
- Large quantity of second dose vaccine expected in Mississauga next week
- Square One serving up mall food in new parking lot dining area