La Carnita Opening Delayed in Square One in Mississauga
While the highly-anticipated Food District is officially open in Square One in Mississauga, one restaurant—and one everyone is very excited about—is going to take a few more days to prepare for taco-hungry diners.
La Carnita, which is opening with renowned ice cream brand Sweet Jesus, did not open with the rest of the Food District.
While that news is devastating for taco aficionados, they should take comfort in the fact that, according to La Carnia, the restaurant will open up on Friday, April 5.
So your taco fix is not too far off.
In the meantime, you can still check out not only the newly-opened Food District, but Square One's completed west expansion project.
Square One said the $580 million redevelopment (which also includes the Cineplex-owned Rec Room, Uniqlo and Indigo) is one of the most ambitious projects of its kind in North America. The almost 40,000 sq. ft. Food District, intended to provide an elevated experience for foodie tourists and locals alike, just opened to much fanfare.
The Food District focuses on offering local, handmade and high-quality foods in a setting that embraces both new- and old-world food emporiums. It’s got restaurants, a butchershop, a fishmonger, food tastings, cooking classes and more.
While every restaurant sounds amazing, some vendors have been generating buzz for months—and La Carnita and Sweet Jesus are definitely buzzworthy.
For those who were unaware, both restaurants have made quite a name for themselves in Toronto -- La Carnita's location on College Street is known for its huge lineups, and Sweet Jesus has generated a large (albeit somewhat controversial) media presence since it first opened.
The Square One location will be the first Mississauga restaurant for both franchises.
Will you be checking out the Food District soon?
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, close to 400 total cases found in Mississauga
- More than 1,500 residents without power in Mississauga
- House prices officially dropping in Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Big banks reducing credit card rates
- Mississauga officially cancels all events up until July 3
- 5 Most Anticipated Restaurants Coming to the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Sneak Peek at the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Celebrities Set to Appear at the Grand Opening of the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Massive New Food District Coming to Square One
- PHOTOS: Here's Some of the Food Coming to Square One's Food District in Mississauga