Krispy Kreme Unveiling Brand New Doughnut Today
There are two things you should be excited about today: the solar eclipse and a doughnut company’s brand new—and very chocolatey—offering.
U.S. doughnut chain Krispy Kreme—which operates a location in the Heartland Town Centre area in Mississauga—recently announced that its original glazed doughnut will be “eclipsed” by chocolate for the first time in the brand’s history on Aug 21.
The release, launched to coincide with the eclipse, will give chocolate lovers a little something extra to look forward to.
“The solar eclipse is a rare occasion providing a total sensory experience for viewers across the continental U.S. Chocolate will have the same effect as we introduce a first-time chocolate glazing of our iconic Original Glazed Doughnut,” said Jackie Woodward, chief marketing officer of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. “The Chocolate Glazed Doughnut is a delicious way to experience the solar eclipse - no matter where you are - and we can’t wait for fans to try it.”
The Krispy Kreme chocolate glazed doughnut features the classic original glazed doughnut smothered in a rich chocolate glaze.
As for whether or not you can sample the new offering in Canada, Krispy Kreme’s Canadian Instagram has been abuzz with images of the brand new doughnut for a few days now.
Enjoy this historical chocolate doughnut and solar eclipse day, Mississauga!
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Boy dies after suffering medical episode while playing basketball in Milton
- Large Mississauga complex used by Bell sold in billion dollar deal
- You will now be rewarded for licencing your pet in Hamilton
- Mississauga man facing charges after 7-month-old puppy dragged beside car