Chucky TV series holding base camp at Square One in Mississauga
Mississauga residents near Square One Tuesday might want to keep an eye out for a knife-wielding Chucky.
The doll and horror icon of the famous slasher film franchise could be running around the parking lot of the popular shopping centre today as filming of the Child’s Play TV series, that is scheduled to come this fall, continues near by. The Square One parking lot is being used as a “base camp” for production of the TV series.
Filming of the spin-off series, created originally by Dan Mancini, was originally slated to start last fall, but was delayed because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Chucky is a dead serial killer - fictional character Charles Lee Ray - who has been shot dead and inhabits a “Good Guy” doll. Ray is trying to transfer his soul from the doll to a human body.
The TV series follows a suburban town that is plunged into chaos when a “Good Guy” doll turns up at a yard sale. What follows are horrifying murders that expose the town’s hypocrisies and secrets.
The TV series will also include the arrival of enemies and allies from Chucky’s past that threaten to reveal the truth behind the killings and the ordinary child who became this notorious monster.
It features original Chucky voice actor Brad Dourif and stars Canadian actor Devon Sawa and Jennifer Tilly. Dourif’s daughter, Fiona Dourif, who appeared in previous Chucky movies, is also cast on the series.
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers