Kariya Park Cherry Blossoms Could Start Blooming This Weekend in Mississauga
Nature lovers in Mississauga might be in for a treat a little earlier than expected.
Although the cherry blossoms in Kariya Park tend to bloom in late April and early May, the Sakura in High Park cherry blossom blog recently announced that the gorgeous blossoms could start blooming as early as today.
While the blog focuses on Toronto's iconic High Park trees, other GTA-located blossoms should bloom in unison with those east of the Mississauga border.
Sakura Watch wrote that the bloom—which normally takes place about a week or two from now—could begin this weekend, as they've noticed bud florets emerging from the sakura buds.
While the blog does mention that the early blossoming could be a symptom of climate change, they do acknowledge that the sight is a great one for eager cherry blossom fans.
According to the blog, full blooms typically require 16-21 days. During this time, it's important for the weather to stay as spring-like as possible (a good mix of sun and rain). Last year, blossoms suffered from poor weather conditions—something that doesn't seem to be happening this time around.
So, if you want to head down to Kariya Park to check out the blossoms this weekend, you might be pleasantly surprised to see some unexpectedly fulsome flowers.
Since the forecast is calling for decent spring temperatures this weekend (12 and 14 degrees on Saturday and Sunday), you might want to take some stylish sweater+blossom selfies under the city's most stunning trees.
Happy Nature watching, everyone!
- Here’s When the Cherry Blossoms Will Start Blooming in Mississauga
- Cherry Blossom Trees To Reach Peak Bloom Next Week
- Here’s When Mississauga’s Cherry Blossoms Could Start Blooming
- UPDATE: Here's Exactly When Mississauga's Cherry Blossoms Are Expected to Bloom
- Will the Kariya Park Cherry Blossom Come Out This Year?
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- Biggest party bust Mississauga has seen during quarantine results in heavy fines
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Anti-mask protest at City Hall in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win