Justin Trudeau Is Returning to Mississauga
As 2019 is an election year, expect to see many federal politicians stopping by many times until the fall vote.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will certainly be making a lot more trips to Mississauga. He was recently in town to announce $80 million in funding for the city's transit…and now it looks like the PM is coming back sooner than we thought.
The Liberal Party will be hosting an event dubbed "An Evening with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau". It will take place on Wednesday May 1 starting at 5 pm at the Mississauga Convention Centre on 75 Derry Road West.
However there are some restrictions as to who gets to talk with the Prime Minister. The event notes that anyone registered to lobby the PMO or the Minister of Immigration are not permitted to attend the fundraiser.
With the Liberals slipping in the opinion polls to the Conservatives and Trudeau's own public image taking a beating during the events unfolding in the SNC Lavalin controversy, the Liberals will need all the resources and momentum they can muster to get back into contention in time for the campaign ahead.
The federal election is scheduled to take place in October 2019.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $2 mil family home with impressive kitchen
- Armed suspects flee attempted bank robbery in Mississauga