Just over 10 per cent of eligible Hamiltonians have been vaccinated
Hamilton’s healthcare partners provided an update on their COVID-19 vaccination efforts Monday (Mar. 22) and say 10.3 per cent of eligible residents have received a vaccine.
That amounts to approximately 69,251 doses.
Those who are 75-and-older are now eligible for the vaccine as the large-scale vaccination clinic at FirstOntario Centre opens its doors Monday.
On its first day of easing into operation, Public Health says 700 appointments were booked. When fully staffed, up to 3,000 vaccines can be administered per day inside 101 York Blvd.
Meanwhile, a number of primary care settings in Hamilton are administering vaccines to community members ages 60-64 who are in good health as part of a provincial pilot program. In alignment with provincial direction, these participating local primary care settings will offer vaccination appointments to individuals aged 60 and over.
The only way to receive an appointment under the pilot program is to be contacted directly by your primary care physician.
Public Health says the mobile vaccination teams will be administering COVID-19 vaccinations to those aged 75-and-older at pop-up vaccine clinics throughout the lower city on the following dates:
- Stoney Creek Recreation Centre: March 25, 26, 27, and 28
- Bernie Morelli Recreation Centre: March 25, 26, 27, and 28
- Norman Pinky Lewis Recreation Centre: March 27 and 28
- Ryerson Recreation Centre: March 25 and 26
Those interested in being vaccinated at a pop-up clinic can book an appointment by calling the Public Health Services COVID-19 Hotline at 905-974-9848, option 7. These are all by-appointment-only clinics and walk-ins are not permitted.
Due to potential call volumes expected at the call centre, the City of Hamilton is encouraging everyone to self-register online: hamilton.ca/COVIDvaccines.
- Hamilton's FirstOntario Centre to be used as large-scale COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Hamilton Public Health adds new group to vaccine eligibility as Province launches online booking
- Hamilton's large-scale vaccination clinic at FirstOntario Centre officially opens
- Two Hamilton pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics open to walk-ins for first and second doses
- Nearly 45 per cent of Hamilton adults received COVID-19 vaccine; additional clinic opening in the core
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton