Just over 10 per cent of eligible Hamiltonians have been vaccinated
Hamilton’s healthcare partners provided an update on their COVID-19 vaccination efforts Monday (Mar. 22) and say 10.3 per cent of eligible residents have received a vaccine.
That amounts to approximately 69,251 doses.
Those who are 75-and-older are now eligible for the vaccine as the large-scale vaccination clinic at FirstOntario Centre opens its doors Monday.
On its first day of easing into operation, Public Health says 700 appointments were booked. When fully staffed, up to 3,000 vaccines can be administered per day inside 101 York Blvd.
Meanwhile, a number of primary care settings in Hamilton are administering vaccines to community members ages 60-64 who are in good health as part of a provincial pilot program. In alignment with provincial direction, these participating local primary care settings will offer vaccination appointments to individuals aged 60 and over.
The only way to receive an appointment under the pilot program is to be contacted directly by your primary care physician.
Public Health says the mobile vaccination teams will be administering COVID-19 vaccinations to those aged 75-and-older at pop-up vaccine clinics throughout the lower city on the following dates:
- Stoney Creek Recreation Centre: March 25, 26, 27, and 28
- Bernie Morelli Recreation Centre: March 25, 26, 27, and 28
- Norman Pinky Lewis Recreation Centre: March 27 and 28
- Ryerson Recreation Centre: March 25 and 26
Those interested in being vaccinated at a pop-up clinic can book an appointment by calling the Public Health Services COVID-19 Hotline at 905-974-9848, option 7. These are all by-appointment-only clinics and walk-ins are not permitted.
Due to potential call volumes expected at the call centre, the City of Hamilton is encouraging everyone to self-register online: hamilton.ca/COVIDvaccines.
- Hamilton's FirstOntario Centre to be used as large-scale COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Hamilton Public Health adds new group to vaccine eligibility as Province launches online booking
- Hamilton's large-scale vaccination clinic at FirstOntario Centre officially opens
- Large-scale COVID vaccine clinic opening in Hamilton
- 'Benefits of AstraZeneca vaccine far outweigh the risks,' says Hamilton blood clot specialist
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more