Just 10 cases of COVID-19 in Niagara Region today

By

Published October 13, 2021 at 1:52 pm

Is Niagara Region finally turning a corner on COVID-19?

There were just 10 new cases reported today (October 13) and with 16 cases resolved, the region has just 181 outstanding cases. The last time Niagara saw single digit case days was August.

The ongoing vaccinations of Niagara residents seems to be holding the Delta variant at bay. The strain has been identified as causing 12 per cent of the region’s cases while likely the “likely” cause of the remaining 88 per cent.


Presently, the region says more than 76 per cent of the population has received one dose while more than 72 per cent are fully vaccinated.

Provincial numbers for Niagara are a little more rosy as they likely don’t count Niagara residents aged 11 and under. Presently, they show the region at 88 per cent single dosed and 83 per cent fully vaccinated.

St Catharines continues to have the majority of the caseloads with 42 followed by Niagara Falls with 31. Following those municipalities is Welland, Grimsby, Thorold and Fort Erie with 21, 20, 17 and 15 cases respectively.

The remaining six municipalities run from a low of two cases in Pelham up to 10 cases in West Lincoln.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising