Japanese-Inspired Restobar Set to Open Soon in Mississauga
Calling all foodies! If you love Japan, food, Japanese food, or unique cuisine in Mississauga, you’re in luck - a brand new, trendy restobar is set to open this very weekend in our neck of the woods.
Kage (pronounced Kah-Geh) is a new, Japanese-inspired restaurant that’s slated to open on Saturday June 9 at 5 p.m. at 3038 Hurontario Street, unit 9.
That’s near the major intersection of Hurontario and Dundas.
According to the upcoming restobar’s website, the owners travelled Japan to explore its food and culture. Now, restaurant owners are bringing a taste of Japan to Mississauga.
“Kage is a Japanese Resto Bar serving Nikkei food; a term meaning foreign in Japanese,” reads the resto’s website.
“What makes Kage unique is the combination of Japanese techniques and flavours, incorporated with cuisines from other regions.”
What’s on the menu?
You can expect contemporary and comfort food, and even a signature cocktail menu.
The menu is quite unique - it’s divided into hot dishes, cold dishes, sharing plates and desserts. Some trendy items on the menu include albacore tiradito (fried okra, sweet corn, avocado puree, charred baby fennel, tigers milk), beef tataki (cashew, broken nori, lotus root chip, shichimi ponzu), ceviche, exotic mushrooms, and even cassava fries.
For sharing plates, you can snag some hot stone duck fried rice (duck three ways, egg yolk, mountain fern, rice) or katsu (bone-in pork chop, Japanese panko, celery slaw, tonkatsu sauce).
And the atmosphere?
According to restaurant owners, the music selection ranges from R&B to deep house, and the decor is contemporary with a “vintage vibe.”
Are you going to check it out?
3038 Hurontario Street, unit 9
Photo courtesy of Kage on Instagram
- Residents Devastated After Homeless Man’s Garden Destroyed in Mississauga
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- Police Release Warning to Residents Following Multiple Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Do You Know How to Use a Roundabout in Mississauga?
- New Bank Fraud Scam Circulating in Mississauga
- Trendy, First-of-its-Kind Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
- Massive Two-Day Japanese Food and Entertainment Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- New Opening: Asaka Sushi Japanese Restaurant
- The Most Popular Japanese Restaurants From Toronto Coming to Mississauga This Weekend!
- Unique New Japanese Cheesecake Joint Now Open in Mississauga