Japan Festival Canada bringing exciting Raptors event to Mississauga soon
Christmas is just around the corner, and fortunately for those who suffer from the post-holiday blues, an extra special event is coming to Mississauga right after Santa leaves.
Recently, we announced that the organizers of one of Mississauga's most popular festivals are doing something special to celebrate two very important teams.
Japan Festival Canada, which hosts the largest Japanese cultural event in North America every summer at Celebration Square in Mississauga, will soon be presenting Japan Day with the Toronto Raptors and Raptors 905.
Organizers say the 2019-2020 NBA season will a special year for Toronto Raptors, as it will mark the team's 25th anniversary. The event will also happen in the lead-up to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics.
"We are hoping to further contribute in diplomatic and cultural relations between Canada and Japan through sports," organizers said in a statement.
Raptors 905 Japan Day will be hosted on Dec. 28, 2019, and Toronto Raptors Japan Day will be hosted on Jan. 17, 2020 during the Toronto Raptors vs. Washington Wizards game with 2019 NBA draft pick (and the first-ever Japanese-born player drafted in the first round), Rui Hachimura.
The Raptors 905 event will take place at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre at 2:00 pm (doors open at 1:00 pm). That day, the team will face off against the Greensboro Swarm.
At Raptors 905 Japan Day, attendees can sample foods from an array of Japanese restaurants at the venue for the first time ever.
Participating restaurants will include EDO Japanese Restaurant and Ramen Raijin, and both will offer special menus created for Japan Day.
During the pre-game show and half-time show, attendees can enjoy traditional Japanese Taiko (Japanese drumming) and Yokosai (new Japanese original dance).
The Toronto Raptors event (Jan. 17) will take place in the Scotiabank Arena at 7:00 pm (doors will open at 6:00 pm).
At the Toronto Raptors game, Japan Day will be collaborating with the Drake-produced OVO Night.
"We believe it will be an exciting and memorable game for many guests," organizers said in a statement.
"At this game, the Toronto Raptors will wear special uniforms and the main court will be coloured in OVO-themed black and gold.
The tickets are already sold out, however, the organizer of Japan Day/Japan Festival Canada has limited tickets reserved to sell (combination tickets for both Raptors 905 and Toronto Raptors games).
You can purchase the tickets here.
Fans who only want to attend the Raptors 905 event on Dec. 28 to enjoy the game, food and half-time show can purchase tickets here.
Will you be checking out the Raptors or Raptors 905 after Christmas?
- Japan Festival Canada bringing unique Raptors event to Mississauga
- A Mississauga Poutine Joint Is Offering A Special Discount To Raptors Fans
- Raptors' tickets in high demand this season
- The Toronto Raptors Will Be Playing on Christmas Day Next Season
- Jays, Leafs, Raptors, TFC, Argos team up to create special assistance fund for event staff
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga