It's Hunger Action Month and Food Banks Need Your Help
This year, Food Banks Canada is working in collaboration with the Ontario Association of Food Banks to roll out Hunger Action Month.
This nation-wide campaign will take place during the entire month of September and asks the public to participate in a variety of ways.
“We’re excited to take Hunger Action Month to a national level,” says Chris Hatch, CEO of Food Banks Canada. “The actions are clear and there are so many ways Canadians can get involved to fight hunger in their communities. Even the smallest actions can make significant impacts to the 860,000 Canadians who access food banks each month.”
As part of the campaign, food banks across the country will be participating to help raise awareness on a national, provincial and local level, while encouraging Canadians to take action in four key ways:
Educate: Take the Impossible Choices test on the Food Banks Canada website to get the first-hand experience of the life of one of three individuals in Canada experiencing food insecurity. Access the test on the Food Banks Canada Website here.
Advocate: Spread the message of Hunger Action Month by following the conversation on social media, using the hashtags #HungerActionMonth and #FeedTheChange
Volunteer: Reach out to your local food bank to find out how you can get involved.
Donate: Support your community by donating food, funds or time to your local food bank. Use our Food Bank Finder.
As part of this year’s Hunger Action Month campaign, Food Banks Canada will be asking the public: “Can you make these Impossible Choices?”
From September 10 to September 21, our National Sponsor, Farm Credit Canada, will donate 3 meals every time someone takes the test on the Food Banks Canada website AND shares it on social media using #ImpossibleChoices and #HungerActionMonth.
- Canadian Food Banks Need Your Help This Summer
- Dairy farmers donate milk, money to Ontario food banks
- Feed Canada launching new program to assist Ontario food banks meet increased demand amid pandemic
- Pizza Hut donating $70,000 to Food Banks Canada, 5,000 free pizzas to front-line workers
- Mississauga restaurant partnering with volunteers to deliver meals to food banks
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga
- Hugely popular dessert restaurant coming to Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
- Officers searching for male on inflatable tube in river in Mississauga