It's Going To Feel Very Hot And Humid Soon
Residents should prepare for a very hot and humid day.
According to The Weather Network, the maximum temperatures on Wednesday will reach upwards of 27 degrees, while the overnight low temperatures will be 15 degrees.
While the temperatures will be in the low 20s, it will feel closer to 40 degrees.
Due to the hot weather, there is a risk of strong thunderstorms and about five millimetres of rain.
The Weather Network states, "heat warnings are issued when very high temperature or humidity conditions are expected to pose an elevated risk of heat illnesses, such as heat stroke or heat exhaustion."
To combat the heat, residents are advised to drink plenty of water even before feeling thirsty and stay in a cool place.
Environment Canada is reminding residents to never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Both the Weather Network and Environment Canada will continue monitoring and posting updates over the course of the week.
Are you excited about the upcoming weather?
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- City councillor furious after fire set in sports field in Mississauga
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga