It’s Going to be Dangerously Cold Outside Today in Mississauga
We've been pummelled with snow and we're about to get hit with even more extreme cold.
Environment Canada recently announced that an extreme cold warning is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
Environment Canada says a frigid arctic air mass and strong winds will result in wind chill values of minus 30 to minus 35 tonight through to Friday morning.
Fortunately, the weather agency says conditions should improve Friday as milder air moves into the region.
In the meantime, be aware that extreme cold is dangerous. If you're going to be outside, cover as much exposed skin as possible, as frostbite can develop within minutes.
Residents are asked to keep pets indoors. If it's too cold for you to be outside, it's too cold for your dog or cat to be outside for a prolonged period of time.
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- Dump truck protest rolls onto highways in Mississauga and Brampton
- Alarming new record of COVID-19 cases set today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- 65% of all Mississauga and Brampton residents will have the vaccine by early June