It's Going to Be a Hot and Humid Weekend in Mississauga
It’s going to be very hot and humid in Mississauga over the weekend.
According to the weather network, over the weekend the maximum temperatures during the day will reach upwards of 31 degrees, with overnight low temperatures of 20 degrees, providing little relief from the heat.
While the temperatures will be in the low 30s, it will feel closer to 40 degrees do to the humidity.
Sunday may cool down a little bit as showers and/or thunderstorms are possible.
The weather network says: “Heat warnings are issued when very high temperature or humidity conditions are expected to pose an elevated risk of heat illnesses, such as heat stroke or heat exhaustion.”
To combat the heat, residents are advised to drink plenty of water even before feeling thirsty and stay in a cool place.
Environment Canada is reminding residents to never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Both the Weather Network and Environment Canada will be monitoring and posting updates over the course of the weekend.
Photo courtesy of the Weather Network
- Mississauga woman celebrating Lotto win
- Arrest made after man allegedly tied used condoms to cars in Mississauga
- Mississauga experiences biggest spike in housing prices in Canada so far this year: survey
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says