It's about to feel like winter real quick in Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement, calling for significant snowfall overnight through Saturday evening in Mississauga
“An approaching low-pressure system will bring snowfall to Southwestern Ontario beginning overnight which will spread eastward to the Golden Horseshoe on Saturday morning,” said Environment Canada.
“Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are expected. Some locations may transition over to periods of rain late Saturday. Strong winds gusting up to 60 km/h may also create areas of local blowing snow.”
The snow or rain will change to flurries overnight Saturday night, says Environment Canada.
Visibilities will be reduced in areas of blowing snow, which can make travel hazardous, as well.
- Up to 15 cm snow in the forecast for Mississauga
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
- Significant Snowfall May Affect Upcoming Commutes in Mississauga
- Significant Snowfall in the Forecast for Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Mississauga
- Arrest made after man allegedly tied used condoms to cars in Mississauga
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery
- Mississauga woman celebrating Lotto win