Is Your (or Your Child's) Mississauga School a Good One?
Good news Mississauga students (and parents of Mississauga students), many of the city's elementary and secondary schools recently netted good grades on the Fraser Institute's Report Card.
Some top scorers in Mississauga include the IQRA Islamic elementary school and the Safa and Marwa Islamic elementary school. Both schools received perfect scores, keeping good company with other top-ranked schools on the list of 2,900. Other top scoring schools included Avondale Alternative elementary school in Toronto, Islamic Foundation elementary school in Ajax and Sainte-Marguerite-Bourgeoys in Markham.
Other highly rated schools include ISNA Islamic (12 out of 2,900), St. Rose of Lima (31 out of 2,900) and Khalsa School Malton Sikh private school (47 out of 2,900).
In terms of secondary schools, highly-ranked institutes include Khalsa School Malton (2 out of 676), St. Aloysius Gonzaga (21 out of 676) and St. Marcellinus (52 out of 676).
The Fraser Institute scores schools using data such as average scores on province-wide tests. According to the report, the intitute bases its overall rating out of 10 on nine indicators, all of which are taken from the results of tests evaluating student performance in reading, writing and mathematics.
While the report card might create anxiety for parents and students who find themselves associated with lower-ranking institutions, the report's authors are careful to emphasize that public ratings are meant to motivate under-performing institutions to improve. The Report Card can also call out specific areas that schools are struggling with (say, mathematics), so that educators can better know which areas to focus attention on.
All in all, Mississauga's impressive amount of high ranking schools is encouraging.
Enjoy this good news going into the holiday season and to all of those who students who worked hard to boost their school's profile—congratulations!
For more info, click here.
- Police Investigating Report of Man with Hammer in Mississauga
- Residents Devastated After Homeless Man’s Garden Destroyed in Mississauga
- Vehicle Flipped Onto Side After Collision in Mississauga
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- Police Release Warning to Residents Following Multiple Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Several Mississauga Schools Earn Prestigious Distinction
- Four Mississauga Schools Set to Go Under Construction
- Ontario Universities Are Paying Close Attention to These Mississauga High Schools
- Mississauga Schools Receiving $3 Million in Upgrades
- Mississauga School Scores Finalist Spot in Prestigious Competition