Is Your (or Your Child's) Mississauga School a Good One?
Good news Mississauga students (and parents of Mississauga students), many of the city's elementary and secondary schools recently netted good grades on the Fraser Institute's Report Card.
Some top scorers in Mississauga include the IQRA Islamic elementary school and the Safa and Marwa Islamic elementary school. Both schools received perfect scores, keeping good company with other top-ranked schools on the list of 2,900. Other top scoring schools included Avondale Alternative elementary school in Toronto, Islamic Foundation elementary school in Ajax and Sainte-Marguerite-Bourgeoys in Markham.
Other highly rated schools include ISNA Islamic (12 out of 2,900), St. Rose of Lima (31 out of 2,900) and Khalsa School Malton Sikh private school (47 out of 2,900).
In terms of secondary schools, highly-ranked institutes include Khalsa School Malton (2 out of 676), St. Aloysius Gonzaga (21 out of 676) and St. Marcellinus (52 out of 676).
The Fraser Institute scores schools using data such as average scores on province-wide tests. According to the report, the intitute bases its overall rating out of 10 on nine indicators, all of which are taken from the results of tests evaluating student performance in reading, writing and mathematics.
While the report card might create anxiety for parents and students who find themselves associated with lower-ranking institutions, the report's authors are careful to emphasize that public ratings are meant to motivate under-performing institutions to improve. The Report Card can also call out specific areas that schools are struggling with (say, mathematics), so that educators can better know which areas to focus attention on.
All in all, Mississauga's impressive amount of high ranking schools is encouraging.
Enjoy this good news going into the holiday season and to all of those who students who worked hard to boost their school's profile—congratulations!
For more info, click here.
- These Mississauga Schools Just Received Very Good Rankings on a Controversial Report
- Several Mississauga Schools Earn Prestigious Distinction
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- School board responds to report about lead levels in drinking water in Mississauga schools
- Four Mississauga Schools Set to Go Under Construction
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- City officials issued 57 charges to Mississauga residents during first week of most recent lockdown