Is This Popular Coffee Chain Selling Tide Pod Donuts?
Homage to Tide Pods...or something else?
After the alarming trend where young people have been eating Tide Pods as part of a "Tide Pod Challenge" -- similar to the Cinammon Challenge of some time ago -- it's not much of a stretch to wonder whether companies are cashing in on the dangerous fad.
In this case, Reddit user devdevo1919 spotted an interestingly sprinkled vanilla dip donut at Tim Hortons.
Courtesy of devdevo1919 on Reddit Canada
"I saw this at the local Tim Horton’s. Look familiar?" posted the user.
It's true that the original Tide Pods come in white, blue, and orange, reflected by the sprinkles on the donut.
Courtesy of Reddit Canada
While Tide Pod donuts are a good guess, it seems like a more plausible answer was suggested in the comments.
The logo for the Tim Hortons Childrens Foundation is indeed the same colours as the original Tide Pods -- white, blue, and orange.
It's probably not a nod to Tide Pods, but one thing's for sure...it's better if people are eating Tide Pod-looking donuts than actual Tide Pods.
Stay safe, Mississauga.
- Major Company Working to Stop People from Eating Enticing Cleaning Product in Mississauga and Beyond
- These were the donuts Canadians ordered most from Tim Hortons in 2020
- Tim Hortons is Launching a Unique Item for a Limited Time
- Tim Hortons Introduces New Cadbury Mini Eggs Donuts
- People Warned Not to Eat Enticing Cleaning Product in Mississauga and Beyond
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk