Is Mississauga About to Break a World Record?
With Canada's 150th anniversary just around the corner, Mississauga is trying to do something big to celebrate.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that today (June 27), 4' x 8' panels of Mississauga's massive Canada 150 birthday card will be joined together in an official Guinness World Record attempt to create the world's longest greeting card.
Once joined together, the panels will create a card that is 150 feet long.
Interestingly enough, there is currently no record holder in this category.
The card was designed to give residents the opportunity to wish Canada a Happy 150th Birthday as a part of the Mississauga's year-long Canada 150 program.
Since March, the card's panels have made appearances at local libraries, community centres, the City Centre Transit Terminal and other events. Thousands of residents and visitors have filled the panels with birthday greetings in a variety of languages.
If you want to see the birthday card in all of its glory, you can check it out at Celebration Square at 12:15 p.m. this afternoon.
Mayor Bonnie Crombie and members of council will be on hand at the unveiling and we're sure there will be ample selfie opportunities.
- American Pizza Restaurant Opening Second Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Threat Against Hospital in Mississauga
- Police Not Facing Charges After Woman Jumps Off of Roof in Mississauga
- Mississauga’s Housing Market Showing Signs of Trouble
- Police Identify Man Wanted for Sexual Assault in Mississauga