Is Kinton Ramen Coming to Mississauga?
The next restaurant we're featuring in our T.O. Restos We Wish We Had In Mississauga series is Kinton Ramen. The creators behind the famed Guu empire brings us one of the first and most popular Ramen shop in Toronto.
It's no secret that Japanese ramen is huge right now, and some might even argue that the flavourful soup is replacing pho as the trendy go-to hot, brothy dinner. Luckily for Mississauga, the Toronto-based Kinton Ramen (which just opened its second location at 668 Bloor St. today) isn't ruling out a move to the far west side in the not-too-distant future. We recently chatted with Kinton Ramen's general manager, Aki Urata, and asked about the resto's plans for the future.
Can you describe your menu?
We're ramen noodle specialists. We make soup with pork bone stock, chicken stock, fish broth and vegetable broth. We cook the pork and chicken bones for over 20 hours for a strong, rich flavourful soup. [Our most popular dishes are] our spicy garlic ramen and chicken ramen. Our customers can also choose between thick and thin noodles.
Are you familiar with Mississauga?
Yes. I live in Etobicoke, so I go to the Square One area once in a while.
Have you eaten in any Sauga restaurants?
No, not yet.
Would you consider opening a Kinton Ramen in Mississauga?
Sure! Why not?
What area would you choose to open in?
The Square One area because it's very busy and crowded.
When can you see yourself opening a Sauga location?
Maybe two years or so down the road.
Do you have your eye on any other Toronto locations?
We're looking at the west end of downtown, but we need to study the market there.
Why do you focus on ramen?
I've been in Canada for 15 years, and there was no ramen specialist before [we opened up our first location on Baldwin Street]. Ramen is very big in Japan, so I knew I wanted to open a ramen place in Canada. Right now we're only located in Toronto.
51 Baldwin Street
668 Bloor Street
- Popular Toronto Ramen Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Very Popular Ramen Restaurant Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Beloved Ramen Restaurant Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Here’s When a Beloved Toronto Restaurant Will Finally Open in Mississauga
- A popular ramen place has rebranded in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU