Investigation into House Explosion in Mississauga Becomes Homicide Investigation
Looks like there's still a lot left to uncover in this house explosion.
Peel Regional Police's homicide unit will be taking over the investigation into the Tuesday explosion, according to a recent article from CP24.
Although the police confirmed that a woman was killed in the blast, they have yet to release information on her identity or whether or not she lived in the house that exploded.
The investigation is still underway, with the police trying to determine the possible cause and whether the explosion was an accident... or the more ominous possibility, that it was not.
Those who have read about the disturbing notes found at the explosion site may have seen a homicide investigation coming a mile away. They seem to have been written in distress by someone of not entirely sound mind, and might shed some light on the possibility that the house was intentionally blown up.
"Citizens reported seeing some pieces of paper with possible information that may lead to the cause of this investigation," said Police Chief Jennifer Evans in a news conference on Wednesday. "We are still in the initial stages on that but we are pursuing that as well. At this point it is still too early to tell."
Evans said they are waiting on next-of-kin info before releasing any details about the woman who died in the blast.
- VIDEO: Four-Year-Old Ejected From Vehicle During Highway 401 Collision In Mississauga
- A Guinness World Record Has Been Set at Square One in Mississauga
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club in Mississauga
- Mississauga Restaurant Named Finalist in Exciting Competition
- Some Mississauga Residents Affected by Serious Privacy Breach
- Police Investigate Strange Notes Related to Mississauga House Explosion
- Police Looking For Homeowners And May Have Found A Second Victim in Explosion
- EXPLOSION UPDATE: Police Investigation at Explosion Scene Complete
- Second Body Found at Explosion Site in Mississauga
- Was the Mississauga House Explosion Caused by a Gas-Related Issue?