INTERSECTION SHUT DOWN: Cyclist Struck in Mississauga
A cyclist has been struck in the City of Mississauga.
According to police, the collision occurred in the area of Delaware Drive and Eglinton Avenue East.
As a result, the intersection has been shut down for now.
Injuries are currently unknown at this time.
Fire crews are on scene.
We will provide more updates as they become available.
UPDATE: Police say the male victim was trapped and assisted by pedestrians. The victim is currently in serious condition and has been transported to a trauma centre.
The road closure is in effect from Delaware north, and Eglinton from Delaware to Kennedy.
UPDATE: According to police, the victim was not riding a bike but had a bike helmet with him. The Major Collision Bureau will be attending the scene to continue investigation.
Road closures still in effect.
UPDATE: Police say the victim’s injuries are non-life threatening and the roadway is now clear.
Map is courtesy of Peel Police.
- Police on Scene After Cyclist Struck in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim Who Was Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Victim in Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Pedestrian Transported to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Delays After Cyclist Struck at Mississauga Intersection