Intersection Closed for Collision Involving Motorcycle in Mississauga
A crash has been reported this afternoon in Mississauga.
Police received a call at 6:35 p.m. for a collision involving a car and a motorcycle at the intersection of Hurontario and Fairview Road.
The male rider is being transported to a trauma centre with life-threatening injuries, police say.
The other vehicle remained on scene and the driver is cooperating with police.
The intersection is closed for investigation.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
UPDATE: As of 7:40 p.m., the following road closures are in effect:
- Northbound Hurontario Street closed at John Street
- Southbound Hurontario St closed at Central Parkway
- Westbound Fairview Rd closed at Mississauga Valley Blvd.
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Teachers' strike to affect Peel and Hamilton-Wentworth school boards
- Power outage affecting over 600 homes and businesses in Mississauga
- Intersection Closed After Four Vehicle Crash in Mississauga
- Hurontario Street closed in Mississauga due to collision
- Mississauga Intersection Closed Following Two-Vehicle Collision
- Police Advise Intersection in Mississauga Closed Due to Collision
- TRAFFIC: Road Closed After Vehicle/Motorcycle Collision in Mississauga