International Shawarma Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
If there's one thing Mississauga has become a hotspot for, it's shawarma.
The birthplace of both Paramount and Osmow's, Mississauga offers diners a plethora of delicious shawarma joints that faithfully provide the city's hungry residents with reliably cheap and delicious lunch and dinner options. But even though we live in the land of plenty (in terms of shawarma, at least), we're always happy to see another casual Middle Eastern resto set up shop.
Sham Gourmet, a Dubai-based Middle Eastern resto that serves everything from shawarma to fried chicken, recently opened its doors in Central Parkway Mall in Mississauga.
Operators say this is their first location outside of Dubai, but they expect to open at least five more locations by the end of 2018.
As far as the menu goes, the resto offers chicken and beef shawarma plates and wraps, chicken on the rocks, chicken salad, falafel, fried chicken, family platters, hummus, tabbouleh, rice, crispy (and regular) fries and more.
The shawarma is also affordable, coming in at about $10.
The resto also offers delivery, so you can have your shawarma delivered to you if you're not in the mood for travel.
So if you have a hankering for some Middle Eastern food the next time you're near Central Parkway Mall, Sham Gourmet might be worth checking out.
- Brand New Shawarma Restaurant Finally Coming to Shawarma Free Neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Popular Shawarma Joints Opens Up Another Location in Mississauga
- 5 Under the Radar Shawarma Joints in Mississauga
- Mississauga's Most Popular Shawarma Joint Opens New Location Near Square One
- Top 5 Shawarma Joints in Mississauga - 2015
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station