International Shawarma Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
If there's one thing Mississauga has become a hotspot for, it's shawarma.
The birthplace of both Paramount and Osmow's, Mississauga offers diners a plethora of delicious shawarma joints that faithfully provide the city's hungry residents with reliably cheap and delicious lunch and dinner options. But even though we live in the land of plenty (in terms of shawarma, at least), we're always happy to see another casual Middle Eastern resto set up shop.
Sham Gourmet, a Dubai-based Middle Eastern resto that serves everything from shawarma to fried chicken, recently opened its doors in Central Parkway Mall in Mississauga.
Operators say this is their first location outside of Dubai, but they expect to open at least five more locations by the end of 2018.
As far as the menu goes, the resto offers chicken and beef shawarma plates and wraps, chicken on the rocks, chicken salad, falafel, fried chicken, family platters, hummus, tabbouleh, rice, crispy (and regular) fries and more.
The shawarma is also affordable, coming in at about $10.
The resto also offers delivery, so you can have your shawarma delivered to you if you're not in the mood for travel.
So if you have a hankering for some Middle Eastern food the next time you're near Central Parkway Mall, Sham Gourmet might be worth checking out.
- Brand New Shawarma Restaurant Finally Coming to Shawarma Free Neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Popular Shawarma Joints Opens Up Another Location in Mississauga
- Popular Mississauga shawarma joint temporarily closes two locations
- 5 Under the Radar Shawarma Joints in Mississauga
- Top 5 Shawarma Joints in Mississauga
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Police stop truck going over double the speed limit in Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga