Interesting Facts You Never Knew About Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
With the holiday season fast approaching—actually, judging from the decorations popping up everywhere, some might say it's already here—you are probably thinking about creating your Christmas list and getting started on some shopping for loved ones.
If you're shopping for the perfect gift in Mississauga, you're probably going to spend sometime at Heartland Town Centre—the vast power centre known for its diverse array of clothing stores, specialty shops, restaurants and more.
But while you know you love to hit HTC for everything from coffee beans to home goods to clothing, you might not know a few fun facts about one of the city's most popular shopping areas.
So now, just in time for the holidays, here are a few fun facts about HTC—and some of its exciting plans for the future.
1) It's One of the Largest Shopping Centres in Canada
It's one of the largest shopping centres in the country, boasting a whopping 2.2 million sq.ft of retail space. It offers shoppers such big box retailers as Walmart, Costco, Canadian Tire, Winners, Homesense, LCBO and Home Depot. It's also home to many speciality retailers, such as clothing store Red Coral, coffee and tea hotspot Beanwise, trendy plus-sized women’s wear store Voluptuous, Walter's Music and Nishat Linen. If you're planning a party, a renovation and a wardrobe change, it's the place to be.
2) They Have an App
If you don't know about the Wayfinding and Promotions App, you're missing out. The Heartland Town Centre app is the best way to plan your trip and find exactly what you’re looking for on your visit (and in a centre this large, it's helpful).
The app features interactive maps, exclusive promotions and store directories. It also has a feature called Trip Planning that directs you from store to store. If you're worried about your data, don't be—no internet is required.
You can download the official app here.
3) It's Perfect for Electric Car Owners
With the launch of 28 Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, Heartland Town Centre shoppers can now charge their electric vehicle while they shop. The new charging stations are publicly available and capable of charging all electric vehicle models.
According to Plug ‘n Drive, this is one of the single largest installation of EV chargers in all of Canada. Better yet, the first two hours of use are completely free. After two hours, drivers pay affordable fees of just $2 per hour for up to three hours.
For more info, click here.
4) It Has a Historical Victorian Home
Known as The Forster House, this house was constructed around 1848 and is protected under the Ontario Heritage Act.
The Victorian-style home was originally owned by the Forster Family, and it is proudly part of Heartland Town Centre.
In 2009 the house was extensively renovated for its adaptive reuse as a dental office. Heritage House Dental is an exceptional example of the principles of adaptive reuse of heritage buildings into modern businesses.
5) A Ton of New Stores and Restaurants are Opening Up
There are few things more exciting than a new store or restaurant and quite a few business are getting ready to call HTC home.
Restaurants and Stores Coming Soon:
Congee Queen (end of November)
Boil Plus (end of this year)
Chopped Leaf (early next year)
Jollibee’s (early next year)
Galitos Flame Grilled Chicken (early next year)
Halal Guys (early next year)
Karahi Boys (early next year)
- Barbecue World (Spring 2018)
- Nordstrom Rack (Fall 2018)
HTC has also welcomed a ton of new stores over the past few months, including:
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Some residents and councillor furious about bridge demolition in Mississauga
- Mississauga RONA among 34 Lowe's stores closing across Canada
- Things You Never Knew About the Biggest Outdoor Shopping Centre in Mississauga
- 5 New and Upcoming Stores at Heartland Town Centre
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga
- Three New Restaurants are Opening in Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
- Beloved Beauty Store Opening Soon in Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga