Interesting Facts About Canadians and Technology
Do you download movies from the Internet? Or binge-watch TV shows on pirated sites because you don't have a subscription to any streaming service.
To be honest, we've all been there.
The Media Technology Monitor (MTM), a research product of the CBC released its latest Sneak Peak Report recently.
The annual report is a hub of information on the latest trends in technology ownership and usage and is based on telephone interviews with 4,000 Canadians.
Here are some of the findings:
One in seven or 13 per cent of Canadians have pirated TV content or movies in the past month. Canadians who don't have a TV service are twice as likely to engage in watched pirated content or possessing it, compared to those who have a TV.
The first quarter of 2018 saw Canadians adopt smart speakers quite rapidly, after a marketing push.
Also, seems like watching other play video games online has become big. So much so that it's become a multi-million-dollar industry. And, one in five online Canadians have taken part.
The report also reveals that Canadians love technology. Or at least get excited by it. One in 10 Canadians consider themselves to be 'Early Adopters' of technology. Which means that they're the first among their family and friends to buy and try out new gadgets or technology. Know anyone who talks about buying a robot without a thought?
And, turns out, the French-speaking love watching English shows. Three in five Francophones are watching English TV and movie content and half of them are doing so weekly.
For more such fascinating nuggets, you can access a version of the Sneak Peak Report.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- This Number Of Canadians Would Take Prescribed Drugs With Cannabis, Report
- Report Finds Some Canadians are Earning More and Donating Less
- Here’s Why Some Canadians Hate Winter
- Study Finds Many Canadians Would Not Survive a Financial Disaster
- Which Netflix Shows Did You Binge-Watch in Mississauga This Year?