Intense snowfall impacting Mississauga this evening
A snow squall warning is in effect this evening, with periods of brief but intense snowfall expected.
“A well organized snow squall originating from Lake Huron has reached the region and will gradually move southward,” Environment Canada reports.
“This squall is capable of producing quick accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in an hour along with sudden reductions to near zero visibility in heavy snow.”
This band is expected to move out of the region early tonight.
Residents should be ready for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions, as visibility may be rapidly reduced by heavy blowing snow.
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Police searching for two suspects in connection to a home invasion in Mississauga