Intense snowfall impacting Mississauga this evening
A snow squall warning is in effect this evening, with periods of brief but intense snowfall expected.
“A well organized snow squall originating from Lake Huron has reached the region and will gradually move southward,” Environment Canada reports.
“This squall is capable of producing quick accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in an hour along with sudden reductions to near zero visibility in heavy snow.”
This band is expected to move out of the region early tonight.
Residents should be ready for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions, as visibility may be rapidly reduced by heavy blowing snow.
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool