Instagram and Facebook are down for some users
If you’re experiencing Facebook and Instagram outages today (Nov. 28), you’re not alone.
According to the website Down Dectector, users throughout Canada and around the world are having trouble posting on both Facebook and Instagram.
Some users, including those in Mississauga, have said they are receiving a message that reads: “Facebook Will Be Back Soon! Facebook is down for required maintenance right now, but you should be able to get back on within a few minutes. In the meantime, read more about why you’re seeing this message. Thanks for your patience as we improve the site.”
Others have taken to Twitter to say that while they can log-in as usual, they are having trouble sending and receiving messages on Facebook Messenger and posting photos on Instagram.
The outages have been reported worldwide.
The UK-based Independent says users began reporting the outage around 9:00 am EST.
Are you having issues accessing Facebook and Instagram?
UPDATE: Instagram has confirmed the outage.
We’re aware that some people are currently having trouble accessing Facebook’s family of apps, including Instagram. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible. #InstagramDown— Instagram (@instagram) November 28, 2019
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga secondary school
- Two Brampton residents killed in highway crash near Cornwall
- If COVID vaccines ‘essential,’ Canadians could get shots in U.S. and no quarantine
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, outdoor activities, vaccines for children – May 14, 2021
- Grocery store employees in Mississauga and Brampton test positive for COVID-19