Inside Square One in 1974
Here’s an event going on at the open air court they had at Square One in 1974. This is where food central would be now. If you look closely you will see a gazebo with the sign that says Caravan 1974 which was the Toronto equivalent of Carassauga.
Another shot of an event going on at the open air court. This court turned into an ice rink in the winter time. Too bad they got rid of this court.
Aerial view of Square One and where the open air centre court was.
Here are shots of people doing their day to day business at Square One in 1974.
This is the hallway just outside Hudson's Bay on the second floor towards Wal-Mart. This picture is of the board of directors of the McLaughlin Group, the developer that made Square One.
This is the hallway where you would see Jean Machine and Garage just outside Hudson's Bay today.
Here is another shot of the north west hallway. You have to love the orange tiles which they only got rid of the last decade.
The 1974 Square One Mall Directory
Opening day of Square One in 1974.
Photos courtesy of Ron Duquette
If you have any old school shots of Square One you would like to share please email them to info [at] insauga [dot] com
- UPDATE: Mississauga Residents Among Victims in 'Horrendous' Explosion
- 2 Males Wanted After Explosive Device Injures 15 in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Crews on Scene After Explosion in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & UPDATES: Plaza Shut Down Following Explosion in Mississauga
- One of the Most Popular Burger Joints Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga