Indigo stores to close during COVID-19 pandemic
Indigo has made the decision to close all their retail locations beginning from the end of today’s business day up until March 27.
“The health and safety of our families, employees, customers and communities has always been our top priority,” said Heather Reisman, CEO, Indigo Books & Music Inc. in a statement.
“As this situation continues to evolve, we believe that this temporary shutdown is an opportunity to join Team Canada and do our part to control the spread of COVID-19.”
The statement went on to say that Indigo is committed to doing all they can to support their employees during this difficult time and confirmed that their teams will be receiving full pay for their scheduled shifts during the closure period.
“You have long told us that we are your ‘happy place.’ We want you to know that we will continue to do all we can during this period to support you through indigo.ca. We are here for you,” concluded the statement.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Region of Peel takes stronger measures to keep COVID-19 patients quarantined
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- IKEA to close during COVID-19 pandemic; will employees be taken care of?
- Indigo Launching New Rewards Program for Mississauga Customers
- Cineplex cuts salaries of full-time employees after part-time layoffs
- All Apple stores closing in response to COVID-19 pandemic