Indian farmers’ protest causing traffic delays on major roadway in Brampton
Residents should be aware of an active protest in Brampton this afternoon.
An ongoing protest march is happening in support of the Indian farmers’ protest, with protestors currently marching in a live lane of traffic on Main Street from Shoppers World to Queen Street.
Police say the event is causing traffic congestion, and are advising drivers to take alternate routes until further notice.
The Indian farmers’ protest is an ongoing protest against three farm acts which were passed by the Parliament of India in Fall 2020, which has led farmers’ unions to protest in belief that the new laws will benefit corporations at the expense of farmers. Since then, numerous protests against the new acts have taken place both in and outside India.
More information to come as the protest continues.
- Protest blocking major intersection in Mississauga
- Police Monitoring Protest in Mississauga
- Protest Causing Traffic Delays at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Police seeking charges after police station damaged during protest in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Anti-mask protest at City Hall in Mississauga
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules