Indian farmers’ protest causing traffic delays on major roadway in Brampton
Residents should be aware of an active protest in Brampton this afternoon.
An ongoing protest march is happening in support of the Indian farmers’ protest, with protestors currently marching in a live lane of traffic on Main Street from Shoppers World to Queen Street.
Police say the event is causing traffic congestion, and are advising drivers to take alternate routes until further notice.
The Indian farmers’ protest is an ongoing protest against three farm acts which were passed by the Parliament of India in Fall 2020, which has led farmers’ unions to protest in belief that the new laws will benefit corporations at the expense of farmers. Since then, numerous protests against the new acts have taken place both in and outside India.
More information to come as the protest continues.
- Second person arrested in relation to Brampton protest
- Dump truck protest causing delays for QEW drivers through Oakville
- Protest blocking major intersection in Mississauga
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- Alleged organizer of Brampton protest issued summons for violating COVID-19 restrictions
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- September a possible return to indoor dining at restaurants cited by Mississauga mayor
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Peel orders closure of three businesses, one Bakery, in Mississauga