Important Waste Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
From wrapping paper, to leftover food, the holiday season is notorious for piling up the trash.
For that reason, the Region of Peel is reminding residents of waste collection changes beginning on Christmas.
During the week of December 25, all recycling, garbage and organics collection will take place two days later than your regular scheduled day.
During the week of January 1, all recycling, garbage and organics collection will be one day later than your regular pick-up day. These special dates are reflected on your 2017 and 2018 waste collection calendars.
The Region collects real Christmas trees from the curb. Put your Christmas tree at the curb on your scheduled recycling collection day during the weeks of January 8 and January 15, 2018. Trees taller than 3 m (10 ft) must be cut in half to be collected at the curb or dropped at a Peel Community Recycling Centre.
Peel is encouraging residents to use the online When Does It Go tool to download personalized 2018 waste collection calendars.
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga
- A Mississauga-Based School Has Made it Onto an Exciting List
- Police Investigating Suspicious Fire at Children’s Playground in Mississauga
- Multiple Lanes Blocked Following Collision in Mississauga
- More Important Waste Collection News for Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Important Waste Collection News for Mississauga and Brampton Residents
- Everything You Need to Know About Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- Important Waste Collection News for Brampton and Mississauga