Important Garbage Collection News for Mississauga
Residents who do not have the luxury of a garbage chute might want to be aware of an upcoming waste exemption period.
The Region of Peel recently announced that, from Sept. 5 to 14, residents can enjoy a waste exemption period on their regularly scheduled garbage collection day.
You can learn more here.
During the waste exemption period, residents who receive curbside collection can place unlimited amounts of acceptable excess garbage and bulky items (such as furniture) at the curb without garbage bag tags.
You can find out more about acceptable garbage items here.
Each excess garbage bags cannot:
- Weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
- Be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
Residents must ensure there is one metre of space between their excess bags, bulky items, garbage and organics carts.
Also, keep remember that excess garbage will not be collected if it is placed at the curb on recycling week.
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga
- Important garbage and waste collection news for Mississauga residents
- Unlimited Garbage Collection Available in Mississauga After Labour Day
- Upcoming Changes to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- Roads closed due to ongoing demonstration in Mississauga
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19